A great family weekend.

Today I woke up very achy. This weekend has been long and fun.

First on Friday, Bo and I went out on a date. :) We shot pool and had some dinner there. I won 3 out of 4 games. Yes, it does count even though your husband is giving you pointers! After pool we went to the beach. The Neptune Festival was going on, which we didn't realize. So what was suppose to be a quiet time on the sand turned into a stroll on the boardwalk, taking in all the sights, sounds and smells. We agreed that we should bring the boys down more. We live about 20 minutes away and hardly ever get to the beach.

On Saturday the boys had their games. Both teams lost but it certainly wasn't lack of trying. Grandma was able to come to both games so that was nice. Afterwards, we all went out to lunch. Then Grandma went home and we took naps. Well, at least Bo and I did!

It was about 7 when I felt like getting really up and doing anything. As I was straightening up the house Bo suggested that we take the boys to the beach. I thought that was a great idea. So we got ready and headed out about 8. After 15 minutes of trying to find a parking spot we finally found one. When we went over to the meter (there is one meter for 8 spots. Very high tech stuff!) we realized we had over 2 hours FREE! God is so sweet. So we headed down the Strip. It was a bit more crowded then the night before. The boys wanted to get to the sand so we decided to head towards the Boardwalk. We were a bit bummed because we realized they had closed off the beach. None of us could understand why. But we strolled along the Boardwalk, stopping at the various stands as things caught our eyes.

Finally after about 7 or 8 blocks we came to the pier. We noticed that there were people on the beach there. So we headed out. As we were going down the steps onto the beach, a fire cracker went up in the air from the pier. We all realized that we were just in time to see the fireworks! What another great blessing! Every one took off their shoes, dug our toes in the cool sand and sat back to enjoy the show. It was a great show too!

Afterwards we just walked around some more. Enjoying the bands at various streets. Of course we headed to Wendy's to eat. We got home about 11 and climbed happily into bed.

Yesterday we decided to hit Busch Gardens! The weather was so perfect. Sorry Lori! I did think about you from time to time. :) The lines for the rides were short. Matthew was tall enough to ride all the rides in the park. You could not contain his joy! He rode the Alpengeist. He said it was intense! LOL Next he rode the Griffon. Not only was it his first time but he rode in the VERY FRONT! (Lori, I told Matthew that you would be jealous!) He said that the Apollo's Chariot wasn't his favorite anymore! LOL David was so brave this time too. He doesn't care for roller coasters. He went on one in the beginning of summer but it just tossed his tummy too much for his comfort. One day he might realize that is the point. Until then he rides things like Trade Winds, Roman Rapids and the Flying Machine. Well, yesterday he tried the Katapult. He laughed non-stop. Ryan too was excited because he was tall enough to ride the Loch Ness Monster. Of course Big Bad Wolf will always be his true love. It was the first coaster he could ride.

We came home beat and tired. Nonetheless it was a great weekend. So needless to say I woke up achy. But it is a good achy. A heart full of joy just the body achy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun weekend! We spent last weekend holed up in the house because it was wet and cold!