4/7/07

God restores my soul

I was so drained this week. So spiritually drained! God restored my soul.

Thursday night I was like a dog chasing my tail. Just spinning and spinning. I heard the Holy Spirit say to me that I needed to talk to my Father. My heavenly Father. See, I was dealing with a medical issue with my middle boy. He had a eye doctor appointment on Wednesday and a MRI on Thursday. Trying to figure out why there is swelling in the nerves of his brain. For a while now I have been "super spiritual". Total faith and trust in the Lord. Not believing that there would be a tumor. Not believing that the doctors would need to do a spinal tap. I was the 'rock' at least in my own mind. But come Thursday evening I was shot. The whole family has been sick with the flu. All the doctor visits, homeschooling, keeping up on the house, loving on my sick family, I had neglected my quiet time with the Lord. Honestly, I didn't want to spend quiet time with Him because I might come undone. Basically God said to me that I was being 'super spiritual' with Him. I never admitted to Him that I was scared. That I was worried. The most I said to Him about it was "Lord, you will give us the strength to do whatever we need to do." Which is right and good but honestly I wanted to say "Lord, NO NO NO! No tumor, You said you will heal him of Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia! Why now a complication?!"
So Thursday evening came. Everyone went to bed and I watched Life Today with Beth Moore. It comes on Wednesdays. Gotta love DVR. Anyway, she was reading John 20. She came to verse 9. "They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead." (emphasis mine) She went on to say that God cannot lie. If He said He is going to do it then He is going to do it. My heart jumped. Then she took us to Luke 24:44b "Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms" (emphasis mine) Again my heart jumped. I was so encouraged. God was telling me that He is going to do what He said. He will heal David. God told me when he was three that this was David's testimony. God was going to miraculously heal David when he was old enough to understand it. My spirit was overwhelmed and over joyed. I started singing songs to God. I flipped through the Bible. The Holy Spirit directed me to Psalm 110:4a "The LORD has sworn and will not change his mind" When my eyes fell on that I shouted GLORY!

God restored my soul that night. I truly did cast my cares upon Him. His burden is light and His yoke is easy.

Side note ... I got a call on Friday from one of the doctors involved. He said that the MRI looks great. That it's the medicine, not the disease or tumor, causing the swelling. GLORY!

3 comments:

Bree said...

glory, glory, glory!!!!!! Why didn't you call?! Thank you for sharing something so personal, as scary as it probably was:) Bless your sweet boy-how thankful we are for the calling the Lord has upon his life! May you be blessed with rest, He makes us lie down in green pastures.....God bless sweet friend:)

Terri said...

I didn't call because I was on auto-pilot. I did send out my prayer requests, tho. Plus, I think that I needed time with just God. Sometimes I get into a spot where I listen to my friends more then I wait for His still, quiet voice. I think that is exactly what I needed Thursday.
I love ya Bree, and I know you are always before the Throne for me and my family. God bless you!!

Terri said...

Silly Bree, Silly me! I thought you were talking about me not calling you on Thursday. But you are talking about me not calling you with the results. Which, I honestly thought I told you! :) Sorry ... love ya!