7/24/08

The Lord spoke to me :) (homeschool blog)

I had an interesting conversation with God this week. My spirit was quicken suddenly one day while talking to (at) my children.

God: "You used to never speak that way."

Me: "What way?"

God: "This way. This "just cause I said so" way."

Me: "What?"

God: "You used to explain things to them. You always had a reason for your actions or your discipline. You always made sure they understood things."

Me: "Well, sometimes it is "just because I said so."

God: "Yes, there are times that you can use your Mommy trump card but you were always so careful with it."

Me: "And now?"

God: "And now you play it almost all the time. Not only that but you are not as soft with your tone or words. When you call their names, you are a bit harsh. They tend to feel like they have done something wrong when it's really just lunch time."

Me: "Oh."

So, I have repented. I have repented to God and to my boys. I have changed it too. There is a loving mommy sweetness to my voice. I am now taking the time to explain things again. I'm calmer. I reason when needed and rebuke when needed. I'm quick to check my attitude before I say something. Thank you Lord.

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your kind words of rebuke. Thank You for loving me and showing me. These boys are precious. May my thoughts, words and deeds be pleasing to Your sight. Quicken me sweet Lord. Pull me close and share with me what is on Your heart for my home. Glory to You my Savior. Thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Maricar said...

Funny, Terri, He had the same conversation with me this evening.