1/7/09

How has your day been?

My day has been good. I can't say that I did anything spectacular.

I spent about thirty minutes with each boy (and Scrabble tiles) going over reading rules like the Silent E and saying Cs. I'm using a guide for dyslexics. Then each boy spent the day reading off and on. That was it. Sometimes they read to me. Sometimes they didn't. Every once in awhile a kid would share a funny story that happened in their book.

It was nice. I read too. :) I just started book 3 in the O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson. Such good books!

I straightened up a bit. Nothing new there. I forgot to clean out Rocky's cage. That is our turtle. Oh well. He'll be alright one more day.

I did some laundry but just the washing and drying part. ;)

We kept the TV off a lot today. It was nice. I should be more intentional about that. I'm just so used to hearing it. Half the time we are not even watching it.

Tonight after the boys went to bed I typed a letter for Bo.

Oh, I wrote my first article for the local online magazine that I'm writing for. :) I'm so nervous. When it's published, which should be this week, I'll hook y'all up ... maybe. No, no, I'm kidding. That's just my nerves talking.

I spoke with my very best friend today. I haven't talked to her since, gosh, before Christmas I think. Maybe that Saturday afterwards. I don't know but it's been a long time to me.

I completely misunderstood an email but God didn't. So I'm confident that what I said is what He wanted me to say.

I'm going to re-read my Charlotte Mason books. I really am drawn to her style and philosophy.

I haven't walked in two days but I've been keeping up with the water intake. It's been raining for two days. Well, today was off and on but we were enjoying just reading. Tomorrow should be nice. I'll walk tomorrow. Since the first of the year I have lost two pounds. I am serious about it this time.

I realized last night that I am done with a certain thing that held me in bondage for some time. GLORY!

Bo and I are closer now then we have been in a very long time. God is good.

I am thoroughly enjoying our Life Group. Healing our lives, fixing our finances and saving our marriages! May God be praised!

My oldest is turning 11 soon. Where does the time go? Seriously.

In a few Wednesdays I will be taking a class at my church called "Grappling with the Will of God" One of my favorite pastor is teaching it. I'm excited. We call it Prime Time. It's equipping. We have Fall and Winter sessions. We might even have Spring. I don't remember. Usually I'm involved in Bible Study. I try not to over load myself. Anyway, this Winter I'm choosing this. Prime Time is usually 6 weeks long. Oh, that reminds me. I have to sign up the boys for their thing! Anyway, here is the description:

Have you ever asked the question: "What does God want me to do?" We all seek God's guidance and want His direction in our lives. And let's face it--it can get really confusing. Have you ever felt immobilized for fear of doing the wrong thing? Ever think you "heard something" and wonder: "Was that just me or was that really God?" What kinds of things does God care about? And what kinds of decisions does God want you, as one exercising free will, to resolve? Join us for a discovery that I believe will impact both your understanding of God's will and the way you approach decisions.

Well, I guess that's enough chatting. Bo and I are going to go snuggle up and watch some Law & Order!

2 comments:

Bree said...

awesome:) I love He is speaking some similar things to us (I just wrote a post and now I'm reading yours and I'm thinking how funny!) He is so good!
God bless you sweet friend!

Lori :) said...

I've been waiting and waiting for your article to be posted on TCS. :) Can't wait to read it. :)

L :)