2/9/09

If we still built altars today, what would you name yours?

Judges 6:23,24

But the LORD said to him, “Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die.” So Gideon built an altar to the LORD there and called it The LORD is peace. To this day it stands in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.

Gideon named an altar after an encounter with God. The LORD is peace. If we were still building altars today what would you name yours? Take a minute to think about it.

Here are some of the names I would choose from.

The LORD is healer. God healed me from a very painful muscle disease. He also healed me from a number of different headaches. Both things plagued me for roughly 12 years. A few weeks before my 24th birthday, He healed me.

The LORD is deliver. God has delivered me from a spirit of suicide. My God has delivered me from self-mutilation. He has delivered me from a sinful, selfish life.

The LORD is love. He has given me love, unconditional love so freely. He has taught me to love myself and others.

The LORD is patience. God has shown me great patience. He continues to pour out into my life no matter how many times I stumble.

The LORD is protector. I know that if it were not for God I would not be here. He has kept me safe not just physically but emotionally and spiritually as well.

Those titles are just a few. I don’t think I will ever be able to completely name all my altars. So what about you? What are some names you can think of?


2 comments:

Sarah A. said...

What a great, thought provoking post, Terri!

I think I would name mine "The Lord is Faithful". Never once has he abandoned me to the consequences of my own stupid decisions. He proves to me over and over that He is faithful, even when I am not.

Love Ya!

Anonymous said...

hermes bag
are awful priced for their above above and accomplished craftsmanship. Literally, replica hermes
is an art of time. You splurge on the arresting Hermes Birkin
.lida
therapy is normally advised to get consumed early during the morning. Ephedra was acclimated by lots of accepted lida daidaihua
articles aback in the day. daidaihua
is based on ancient Chinese formula. The lida slimming
stick to the basic theme. slimming capsule
is purely natural as it is made from plants no acids. slimming capsules
burns our fat naturally.
Complete Chanel bag
accept candied covering that smells just like leather! Every anchorman Chanel Wallet
is issued its own hologram approval amount. This is the way to ensure that the Chanel handbags
that you accept purchased.
Tiffany
is not uncommon to the fashion world. Take some time to consider the elegance and distinction that a well-placed Tiffany rings
can bring today. The silver rings
designs are timeless. Timeless beauty is reflected in the intricate Tiffany earrings
designed flowers and other natural features.