3/1/17

I'm asking myself ...

Lately I have been challenged with the thoughts of my future.  Where do I see my self in a few months, maybe a year?  What about five years or a decade? 

Truthfully, I don't know. 

It's easy to say that I'll still be in my career or living in my area.  Is that true though?  Can I honestly say that I know?  Does that even really matter? Location, career, age ... are those the things I want to truly focus on?  

Seriously, does it matter if I still live in this townhouse?  Will the world be a better place because I've focused majority of my energy on job?  No, it doesn't. Nor should I. 
Some things are a means to an end.  I'm thankful I have a job, a career, that allows me to comfortably put a roof over me and my family's head.  I'm thankful that we have lived here for almost seven years.  Settled. Secure.  

My question to myself is really ... where will you be mentally, emotionally and spiritually? Will I be stagnate? Or will I have grown a little, a lot? 

Will I be emotionally immature in areas, allowing silly opinions to fester in my mind and heart?  Continuing to be judgmental in certain areas? Will I not stand for what is right because it's easier to look the other way?  

Will I finally have a meek and quiet spirit?  Will I be completely faithful, full of trust?  Willing and joyfully doing what I know needs to be done.  When situations arise or when the enemy comes creeping around, will I be on my guard; standing firm in the faith; being courageous; being strong as 1 Corinthians 16 states?  

I know this post is full of questions.  That is where I am right now. Questioning, searching and reasoning.  I think it's important to dial back the white noise of this world.  Take a look inside your heart and mind to the core of who you are.  Challenging yourself to grow and mature in areas that are lacking. Being accountable to yourself, God and those around you.  

There's a saying that pops up from time to time.  "Thrive, not just survive." It's a truthful statement.  Many times it is used to encourage people of abuse or to shake off the mentality of just living.  You know ... working, paying bills, worry, day in and day out.  I want to thrive and not just survive.  However for me it goes beyond any betrayal I've faced or any day to day living.  I want to thrive in my heart, in my relationship with my Savior, and in my personal relationships and in this world. 

I encourage everyone to take some time to look yourself in the mirror and ask, "Where do you see yourself?"

No comments: