6/4/17

good times

Lately life has been too good.  I mean really, really good.  Scary good.  The kind of good that makes you almost check behind doors and every noise you think to yourself, "This may be the shoe dropping."  But it isn't.

The last seven or so years have been a time of grief, worry, anxiety, loss, gain, laughter, strength, weakness and all other sorts of feelings.  It's been extremely hard and yet extremely easily.  I have learned so much about myself and my God.  I realized that I am stronger in my faith and that my God is mightier than any situation or person I have faced.

Now I am in a season of strength and renewal.  There is complete peace in Christ.  I know that I know His word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path.  I know that I know I am joint heir in Christ. I know He loves my sons more than I ever could, He is the perfect parent and I am humbled He chose me to be their mom.

I have seen God move in ways that I can only look back at and say "that was all You".  Those moments where you have no idea how.  There was no way the bill would get paid or the child would be healed.  Those moments you cry out in your despair.  That deep cry that comes from your toes.  The sound unrecognizable to even yourself.  Yet, there comes a peace that floods in, surrounds you and covering every inch of your heart.  In that moment you know, you just know that God is with you.

In all things I trust Him.  Trust Him with my thoughts, heart and actions.  Some people thought I was crazy for my response to situations or problems but in keeping my heart humble and focusing on Him and His love for me, I have been able to rise above the noise.  Rise above the chaos.  In doing so I have been able to reap the benefits of all that God has for me and my sons.

I'm not naive, I know that my story doesn't end here.  I know that this journey is anything but far from over.  However the treasures I have gained are invaluable to me and I wouldn't change it for the world. 

No comments: